Love Thy Neighbor screens and validates needs called into the Clearinghouse from church and agency referrals. Due in part to the high cost of living in our area, the volume of calls from those in need in Monmouth County is great. Over 1,542 people were served through our First Line Call for Help in 2022.
The Clearinghouse intake and screening process helps to end duplication of services, encourages collaboration between agencies and churches, and ensures churches are good stewards of their finances, as well as Good Samaritans. Prayer and spiritual encouragement are offered to each client that calls. In addition, the Clearinghouse acts as a referral source to put clients in touch with any other untapped resources that may be of assistance in their time of need.
In 2022, Love Thy Neighbor’s Clearinghouse distributed $22,789 in housing assistance as well as $1,100 in food cards and $4,866 for free beds. A total of $38,525 was spent to help individuals and families in Monmouth County.
If you would like to reach our Clearinghouse for assistance, please call 732-542-7012 Ext.101. Please be aware of the following guidelines:
- We do not give rental assistance to Section 8 clients, as their rent is already discounted to 30% of their income.
- We do not give rental assistance to Low-Income Housing, as their rent is already discounted to 30% of their income.
- We do not to assist with Hotel/Motel bills. We may be able to assist with rent if the client has a signed legal lease.
- We do not assist with Security deposits.
- We do not assist with Utilities.
- If you are receiving SSI/SSD, we do not give rental assistance if you live in Low-Income or Section 8 housing.
- We closed our Wheels Appeal program in 2016 – we do not assist with car repair.